Inspired by the earthy-sweet scent No. 28: Black Fig, Toronto baker, writer & food stylist Modest Marce whipped up a batch of these Black Fig + Honey Oat muffins. They're simple, rustic and easy enough for anyone to make. Find out how it's done here, and try not to drool.
Here's what you need:
- 1 cup full fat organic honey yogurt
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup fresh or dried figs, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
...and here's what to do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon stir together yogurt, sugar, honey, vanilla & egg until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt & cloves. Stir until batter just comes together.
- Fold in figs & walnuts if desired. Evenly distribute amongst a greased twelve tin muffin/cupcake pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops just begin to golden brown.
Now it's your turn to make them! Find all of Marce's amazing recipes, blog and more here.
Shop Black Fig