Labor Day marks the unofficial end of summer. A bittersweet dance between fun and the subconscious awareness of the responsibilities ahead. Planning to hit the road this weekend or maybe just enjoying a little staycation? We compiled our team’s favorite local spots you should totally check out after restocking your candle stash. Visit one of our shops and explore our new seasonal scents + goods from our favorite makers, then hit up some of the best spots in the ‘hood.
ECHO PARK– FLAGSHIP
- Cosmic Vinyl — A vegan cafe and vinyl shop serving delicious coffee and a wide selection of records.
- Big Bud Press Shop — Locally made unisex clothing and accessories in fun colors and prints.
- Echo Park Lake — Rent a swan boat and chill on the lake while enjoying a unique view of the Downtown LA skyline.
- The Echo / Echoplex —This live music venue opened back in 2001, featuring shows by a variety of artists.
EAT & DRINK:
- Bar Flores — This cozy cantina features delicious margaritas, all with a view of Sunset Blvd.
- Bar Caló — A top-notch mezcaleria and restaurant.
- Andante Coffee Roasters — Understated decor brewing excellent cups of house-roasted coffee.
- Bloom & Plume Coffee — Colorful ambiance with a well-rounded offering of coffee, tea, and pastries.
EAT & DRINK:
- Highly Likely — A casual eatery with a delicious menu and a great selection of beer and wine.
- Bar & Garden — Our go-to for a great selection of natural wines and beer + plants and unique goods.
- Cognoscenti Coffee — Local coffee roaster with a clean and modern aesthetic serving up excellent cups of coffee.
- Helms Bakery District — Originally opened in 1931, this L.A. institution continues to serve up delicious freshly-baked bread and pastries.
- Platform — A modern complex of independent designer shops, unique culinary experiences, and cool pop-ups.
- Hi-Lo Liquor — An incredible selection of beer, wine, and spirits with all the fixings you need for a laid-back night in.
- Little Vine — This specialty shop carries a delicious variety of wine and cheeses, and it’s our go-to for creating the perfect charcuterie board.
- AB Fits — Our destination when looking for great quality denim and accessories.
EAT & DRINK:
- Family Cafe — When we’re craving Japanese curry or chicken katsu, we hit up this local spot.
- Golden Boy Pizza — Focaccia pizza? Yep, it’s a thing, and it’s freaking delicious from this spot.
- Reveille — Incredible coffee and light fare to pair.
- Specs’ Twelve Adler Museum Cafe — A long-standing watering hole with a great atmosphere.
- Vesuvio’s — A historic bar once frequented by famous Beat Generation poets, writers, and figures.
- Washington Square Park — One of SF’s first parks near Little Italy, bordered by restaurants and cafes, where you can enjoy a laid-back weekend.
- Coit Tower — An architectural point of interest that gives an insightful look back to a difficult time, The Great Depression, in American history. Book a guided tour and learn more about our incredible city.