We’re hiring a full-time Shop Manager to join the P.F Candle Co. team in our new San Francisco retail location! The Shop Manager will act as the main point of contact between the Regional Shop Manager and P.F. Sales team and our growing San Francisco customer base. You will be responsible for successfully running our shop from day to day, driving year-round retail sales, and inspiring a team of customer-facing Retail Associates. This role is integral to expanding P.F. 's presence beyond the Los Angeles area and e-commerce and requires a dedicated, detail-oriented individual that is able to strategically plan in the future.
We are a quickly expanding company - from our warehouse to office and now retail shop crew - and value genuine team spirit as we grow. The Shop Manager is collaborative by nature, outgoing, and excited to connect with diverse people of all expressions. Ideal candidates notice display designs and floor layouts while they shop, take planning - from grocery runs to annually sales strategies - very seriously, and are the cheerleader of their friend-group. This position reports to the Regional Shop Manager and oversees 2-3 Retail Associates.
START DATE: Mid March start date, two-week paid training beforehand in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
SALARY: $54,080 salary
- Managing daily operations including opening and closing duties, customer care needs, POS processes, and re-ordering of supplies
- Building and updating monthly staff schedule with Retail Associates availability in mind
- Maintaining cash operating procedures and running weekly cash deposits to the bank
- Managing store inventory by reordering P.F. and third party product well in advance, coordinating deliveries, re-stock, and in-store organization
- Merchandising and styling the store within the P.F. aesthetic and guidelines
- Engaging with customers on a daily basis to create a welcoming atmosphere that offers approachable fragrance guidance and fosters authentic personal connections
- Proposing and coordinating in-shop events on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Tracking sales and product metrics and reporting to Regional Shop Manager
- Closely working with Regional Shop Manager to determine store sales goals and strategies
- Onboarding, training, and managing a small yet effective crew of Retail Associates, developing team strategies for sales goals, customer engagement practices, product knowledge, and shop culture
- Maintaining highest standards while taking lead on inventory cycle counts and cash procedures, holding Retail Associates accountable in the process
- Reporting customer feedback to Regional Shop Manager and other improvements needed for the store’s success
- Representing P.F. and company values at all times by actively engaging with customers in a friendly and approachable manner
- Manager or manager-in-training experience in a retail environment
- Determined self-starter with a creative eye for merchandising and refreshing a space
- Exceptional customer service skills with at least 2-3 yrs experience in customer-facing role and/or sales
- Experienced in cash standard operating procedures and maintaining cash floats and vault security
- Goal-oriented, results driven with innate interest in narrow and broad metrics analysis
- Passionate about fostering positive and inspirational environments and building strong, effective teams
- Able to quickly identify problems and customize solutions suitably while keeping cool under pressure - can problem solve with a smile and positive attitude
- Has reliable transportation and takes punctuality seriously
- Available to work 5 days a week with availability to work weekends, holidays, and in-store events
- Keen understanding of the P.F. brand, aesthetic, and visual language; huge bonus if you’re a long-time customer
Subsidized health care, free annual metro pass (for LA County residents), 401(k) plan options, payday candles, paid vacation and sick leave.
HOW TO APPLY: If you’re interested in applying, email us at email@example.com with a blurb about yourself and your resume. Please include “JOB INQUIRY – SHOP MANAGER” in the subject line when you email.
P.F. Candle Co. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.